About the Firm
Established Montgomery Attorneys Provide Knowledgeable Counsel
Personal care for your divorce, family law or construction law case in Central Alabama
At the Law Offices of Judy H. Barganier, P.C., we believe every client has a right to capable, zealous, and caring legal representation. Since 2000, we have passionately and energetically pursued the best possible outcome for our clients, while affording them the personal attention each deserves. Drawing on more than 45 years of combined legal experience, our attorneys develop litigation strategies designed to achieve positive results while removing much of the stress and acrimony from the process.
Reputable lawyers personally invested in your success
In Montgomery, as in any state capital or county seat, there are many lawyers you can reach out to. What makes our law firm unique are our backgrounds as well as our deep commitment to empowering our clients through every step of the legal process. We take the time to educate you by providing detailed information about the law and how courts may apply that law to your specific issues. This creates a working partnership, where you can assist with pertinent facts that shape successful strategies for optimum results. When you retain our services, you’ll find we are:
- Experienced — In addition to her extensive private practice, Judy H. Barganier has served as Deputy District Attorney for the Fifteenth Judicial Circuit in Montgomery County. With Judge Lynn Bright, she started the Montgomery County Task Force on Domestic Violence, which transformed the way Montgomery County manages domestic violence cases. She also co-founded the Sexual Assault Response Team in Montgomery County, bringing much needed reforms to the court’s handling of sexual assault victims. Winston W. Edwards has vast experience in high value civil litigation in state and federal court, as well as mental illness cases in probate court.
- Knowledgeable — Our attorneys’ rich and distinctive backgrounds make us knowledgeable in various intersecting and complementary areas of substantive law and legal practice. We use the depth of our knowledge to inform and empower our clients, to anticipate the turns a case might take, and to build contingencies into our planning.
- Understanding — Our empathy for our clients motivates us throughout the process. You will find we are highly responsive to your concerns and receptive to your ideas. We communicate frequently to keep you updated on any progress, and we return phone calls, emails, and text messages as promptly as possible.
Our firm enjoys a solid reputation in the legal community. Judy is Distinguishedsm Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
and Winston is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for their high ethical standards and professional ability.
Areas of Practice
Montgomery attorneys committed to positive results
At the Law Offices of Judy H. Barganier, P.C., we understand how legal cases impact the lives of real people, so we focus on practical solutions with lasting benefits. The cases we most often manage relate to:
- Family law — In our family law practice, we handle all aspects of divorce, including alimony, child custody, child support, division of property, and military divorce cases. We are dedicated to reducing your stress during this difficult time, and we frequently consult experts in such areas as mental health, finance and accountancy to guide us and the court to a favorable resolution.
- Construction law — We represent a variety of stakeholders, including land owners, developers, contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, lenders, and sureties, in transactions and litigation related to construction projects throughout Alabama.
- Criminal law — Related to our family law practice, we manage civil and criminal defense to allegations of sexual abuse and domestic violence.
- Appellate law — Another advantage of our firm is our ability to manage the appeals process. As trial attorneys we are scrupulous about preserving issues for appeal and submitting post-judgment motions when appropriate. We also handle appeals in the higher state and federal courts, saving our clients the time and expense of hiring new counsel who would be unfamiliar with the issues of the case.
Our law office aims for positive results, and we strive to minimize the human toll of the litigation on our clients. You can trust us to work tirelessly for you, while remaining sensitive to your needs throughout the process.
Contact a capable and caring civil litigation law firm in Montgomery
The Law Offices of Judy H. Barganier, P.C. is ready to help you with cases related to family law and construction law. To schedule a consultation, call us at 334-530-5701 or contact our Montgomery office online
. We are located at 8314 Crossland Loop, just off Vaughn Road, half a mile east of Taylor Road.